Little Lions- Lunch Buddies Mentorship Program
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Yellowstone County
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Yellowstone County (BBBSYC) and the Lockwood Schools are teaming up to provide mentors to at-risk youth. Starting this year, BBBSYC will be matching Adult community members with youth in the community that might be facing adversity in their daily lives. Mentors or “Bigs” will meet with their “Little” once a week for the duration of the school year. They will meet during the student’s lunch hour and recess.
Big Brothers Big Sisters Mission and Vision:
- Vision: All children achieve success in life.
- Mission: Provide children facing adversity with strong and enduring,
professionally supported one-to-one mentoring relationship that change their lives for the better, forever.
Community volunteers will provide students with a positive, consistent relationship. By meeting regularly and consistently with their Little, Bigs will help improve student’s outcomes. Students that have been matched with a Big will:
- Become more confident in their schoolwork performance
- Be able to get along better with their families
- Be less likely to begin using drugs or alcohol
- Be less likely to skip school or participate in other risky behaviors
- Gain improved social and academic confidence
If this is something you believe your child would benefit from, please contact Don Christman at 252-6022 ext 217 for an application and further information. An application is also available here!